Mahendra Singh Dhoni  addressed the media in Mumbai on Saturday ahead of their long tour of England. India will play five Tests, five ODI matches and one T20  during June-September 2014.

the key points said by him  to media are 

The 2011 series in England and Australia was very disappointing series for us but when we went to South Africa and New Zealand we were not really able to close the games. It was a good effort by our bowlers but we were denied by some fantastic batting from opposition. When we come to 50-50 situation we should capitalise on that," 

As far as my batting is concerned, I need to be far more aggressive. When I am aggressive, I am far better than when I try to play like a proper batsman. I intend to go for my shots from the first ball.
I have to back my instincts. Six to seven batsman when you play, it is very important to back my strength and not think too much about the situation. It is very important that I back my strength and play aggressive strokes and score runs rather than taking my time out,
In 2011 in Tests and ODIs we had close to 8-9 injuries. We missed one fast bowler (Zaheer Khan) which put pressure on the other players. Last time we lost quite a few players due to injuries and we had to play few players without them getting used to conditions. "It looks like a big squad but it is needed considering the duration of the tour. It increases the bench strength and you can replace injured players and also help in having quality practice session when the main bowlers take some time off.
When you play a four-match Test series outside India, you get banned. So that is something I have to look forward to maintaining the over rate. So we have to see we keep the over rate up, we are not in a rush to do things. You want to have some kind of plan set and bowl according to that. If you are too many overs down, then at times there is pressure to maintain over rate with the spinners when you actually want to bowl the fast bowlers.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Top